We finally heard from the hospital...she is going to have (thru outpatient) first an ultrasound on her bladder then a Voiding Cystourethrogram. Basically they're going to insert a catheter & inject a contrast material into her bladder then take pictures(X-rays) of her bladder from different angles.
Then from what I understand will have her pee & take more X-rays while she's peeing to gain more of a picture about what is going on with her. I was finally able to explain this to her thanx to a handout I found online here:
http://www.ucsfhealth.org/childrens/medical_services/urology/uti/vcug.html
When I told her about it she asked me if it would hurt, I told her I don't know it might. She then tells me "That's ok, it hurt when I got my ears pierced too & I didn't mind too much."
So wish us luck & I'll update about it when I can!
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Update on Sunnie
Posted by Beth at 2:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh no...We will be praying for her- and mama and dad too! That can't be fun :(
Post a Comment