We're home now...& it really wasn't fun. The ultrasound went smoothly but it took a while as they had to get images of both her kidneys & her bladder. Then it was off to the radiology dept for the rest of the testing. Even though she was very uncomfortable she did so well, we are so proud of her! It did hurt when the catheter was put in, but she was very brave.
She held it together the whole time the contrast fluid was being put in & that part of the imaging was being done. She even did great when they removed the catheter, but we hit a wall when she realized she was going to have to pee while on the table. She did not like that idea at all! I spent a good 10-15 minutes trying to convince her that after she did that we could go & get ice cream...she still wanted nothing to do with it. She claimed she didn't have to go & wouldn't have to go for a long time. I finally asked her if she wanted daddy instead, so I went to the waiting area took Val & sent him in. I knew that would work, they were done & back out in 10 maybe 15 minutes. She's a daddy's girl & I didn't mind, I was there through the hard part that I knew Fred wouldn't have been able to handle.
So now she's upstairs taking a nap. She woke up last night at about 3am & threw up all over the bathroom :( And woke up not feeling to great this morning, I almost called to reschedule her appointments but as the morning went on she started feeling better so we went. But after we got home she was feeling really tired so Fred took her upstairs & laid down with her for a while.
Oh well that was our day, at least this is behind us now. Hopefully Monday we find out more about the tests.
Friday, May 18, 2007
Back from the doctor...
Posted by Beth at 4:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Have you heard anything yet?
Post a Comment